with Paul Baker and John Jenkins
Book your place on Eventbrite here
Over many years in developing community mental health services to replace the institutional system in the UK and a few other countries, the IMHCN recognised that we needed a more fundamental approach to ensure better mental health outcomes for service users and family members.
The social determinants were not adequately addressed so people’s whole life needs were not met. Therefore, in 2000 in NIMH(E) and IMHCN introduced the Whole Life-Whole System Approach. It is a strategic planning and implementation instrument to integrate and develop together the:
- Social determinants of Health and Mental Health
- Anthropological, Meaning and Culture
- Philosophical: Challenging beliefs; Reflection and Dialogue
- Whole Life, Recovery/Discovery Paradigm, Changing Thinking
- Whole Systems: comprehensive community mental health services and development
- Biological, clinical approach
- Psychological therapies and psycho-educational tools
- Education and Knowledge
- Sharing and Learning from International best practice
This webinar will describe this approach and the results of its implementation in different places and organisations.
Who should attend?
Managers, professionals, service users, family members, Community Organisations